Today i have Amanda Kerin on the phone, ANOTHER PODCASTER!
In today's show we discussed:
Amanda Kerin is a Lifestyle & Business Coach living a laptop lifestyle. A self confessed high achiever and a creative who always follows her heart to pursue her dreams, Amanda coach’s women to escape their 9-5 to help them build a business and life they dream of.
Welcome back junkies!!
Today I spoke with Nicolya williams from www.nicolyawilliams.com.
Nicolya is Personal Development Coach who works with busy women to conquer their mindset and be productive!
In this episode she shares with us 5 great ways to be more productive! Who doesn't need that?
No more fluff, read on and listen in!
1. First thing in the morning avoid immediately looking at your phone. The first twenty minutes when you wake is the most vulnerable time for your subconscious mind. If you use that time for affirmations, meditation, and prayer you will start your day on a more positive, calm,
2. Complete the most important task first. Yes, there will always be countless tasks on your to-do list. We as busy women have to learn how to prioritize our list. The truth is if I have three projects due, but one is really comprehensive or due sooner than the other two I ensure that I knock that out immediately.
3. Try what she calls “daily power hour’s”. I was given this suggestion from a former life coach. Power hours are the time that I dedicate to one specific goal. Each day I identify what my power hour will be geared towards. Some days it is my business, some days it is work and other days it is school. This is determined by the task that is most important to complete at the time being. During my daily power hour, I shut off my phone, therefore, I am not tempted to check social media or emails. I also make this time of my day after my daughters fall asleep. This is to ensure that I will not be pulled in many different directions.
4. Take advantage of down time. How many of you have time where you are waiting in a doctor’s/dentist office? Standing outside waiting for your kid’s school bus? Etc. I use these moments to take advantage of other responsibilities so that they do not bog down my time later in the day. Some examples of things I do during this time includes checking my email, catching up on missed text messages or social media notifications. if it is going to be a long wait I may bring a book with me as well and use that time to catch up on my reading.
5. Lastly, I am sure to manage my energy. This is something I have learned the hard way, unfortunately. I spent many days so focused on my goals that I let myself slide. I would eat a ton of junk food, not drink enough water and reduce my sleep to add time to my priorities. In the long run, this really hurt me because when I did not have the energy I was not really productive like I desired. When you make it a priority to fuel your body with nutritious food, appropriate sleep and also exercise you will be able to have the energy needed to balance the busy schedule you have.
I hope these tips have been helpful to you. It is my desire that you do not just read this information, but that you actually take the information I shared and apply it in your life. Productivity is your key to success, be sure to make it a priority!- Nicolya